Thursday, April 10, 2008

Go Delta!!!



Ok so after some serious soul searching and lots of praying I have decided to go back to work full time. Thanks to everyone who has had us in their prayers lately. The housing industry has been tight and we have been trying to work through it as it has affected our family.

I started looking and thought, 'Hey I always have loved the idea of being able to fly when and where I want.' Plus ever since I was younger I have had an allure to work for the airline industry...don't ask me why. Maybe there is something romantic somewhere in there.
Once when Sean was a baby I interviewed with American Airlines. They had a six interview process since it was for a mgmt training position and I got offered a job at Aon half way through so I chickened out and went with Aon because I was not sure of my chances about getting the airline job.


Anyway this job is a reminder to me that the lord is blessing our family daily. I was surfing the web in Mom's office Sunday night thinking I should probably get a job and saw that Delta was hiring for Reservations Sales Agents. I though, It could not hurt to at least look. I filled out an online application and got a call back Monday morning.


Well I went in for what I though might be the start of a series of interviews yesterday and walked out with a conditional job offer (had to take a drug test and background check). Yes!!!
The pay is not much but it is full time so there will be a few more bucks coming in and this will allow our family to go visit the rest of our clan in Chicago, Dallas, Hawaii, Seattle, etc... (wow we have a lot of family) much more often.


We are so excited and can't wait to see everyone..


Ok Mitch... better watch out when I ask what you are doing for dinner... I might actually show up...hehehehe....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arranchera on Sunday (jk). I wish you would show up for dinner one night. That would be so great!!
Congratulations again!
love ya,
Mitch~

Chgo Dave said...

Mmmm...I'm hungry already.