We had Sean’s first football game tonight. Well not a full game, but a 12-minute scrimmage. He is playing on the Utah Indoor Football League. Their team is called the West Jordan Young Guns. They played against the Hunter Warriors during the half time break of a Utah Saint’s arena football league game. The game was held inside the Olympic Oval, the same place where Apollo Ono won a gold and silver medal during the 2002 Winter Olympics. It was fun to watch the Saints walk off the field while Sean’s team when on. They were taller by a foot and a half, and at least 100 lbs heavier. I made a comment to Ruth that the 3-man Saint’s line was as wide as Sean’s 5-man line.
Anyway, Sean started as Tight End, and played back-up Defensive Tackle. They had each side runs plays for 6-minutes each. It was a great practice game. The boy’s offense looked good as they ran many plays. Sean had a couple of good blocks on the offensive side, along with staying on top of the ball on the defensive side. At the end of the game, Sean’s coach gave him the starting Defensive Tackle position. “Iron Man” football baby!
Ruth, Mia, Zach (Sean’s Friend) and myself cheer Sean on. Mia scored a free t-shirt from the Saints. She wanted to go on the field and kick some field goals. She was upset that I wouldn’t let her. I told her she did not have a uniform. Then she pointed to her shirt and told me she had one. So then I told her she didn’t have a helmet so she couldn’t play. She told me to go buy one. That’s my girl. Can’t wait for soccer!
Good Luck West Jordan Young Guns!!!!!! Go Number 49!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm so proud of you Sean! I like your number 49. Uncle Jose's football number is 46 and he uses that number for everything. You look great! I so glad that you are enjoying yourself and are getting involved. I love you so mu and Go Young Guns!
Love,
Auntie Chell~
Post a Comment