Sunday, September 7, 2008

Thank goodness for insurance

So there have been a few times where we have been without insurance. Whether we were both running our own business or if we were in some sort of probation period before it started. Every time we would remind the kids the "we don't have insurance, be careful." Well our insurance kick in again about 2 months ago and I joked "we're insured now, so have fun." We'll lets just say, we are using every penny of it right now.

First there's Mia's extractions. Next Sean's concussion. Now its my turn. There might be a possibility that I have a gastric ulcer. Hooray!

Mia Update: Doing awesome. That girl's resilient!

Sean Update: The MRI and CT scan have been reviewed by the neurologist. He confirmed that Sean does not need surgery on his neck. So the pediatrician has now suggested that he take Ibuprofen around the clock for the next 2 weeks, and then go in for a follow up visit. We are hoping that this should bring down the swelling in his neck, and help to relieve the pain.

Dave Update: So I've been having pains in my lower abdomen to the point where I had to visit the doctor. They think I might have some sort of gastric ulcer. So far they have me taking Prilosec and want me to get a endoscopy. I've done a little research on the procedure and it looks freaky, so I have been reluctant to schedule the appointment. Maybe I'll "man-up" and do it this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you have children you will spend time at the doctors office, dentist office, and emergency room. I am thankful that my nephew and niece are healthy and have no serious health conditions. Wait til the ER knows your name by heart.
Mitch~