Sunday, July 19, 2009

Mahalo for all your prayers!

So last week we took off to Hawaii, not to vacation, but to visit Ruth's sick grandpa. Grandpa Tohara had a stroke and Ruth went to go see him. I brought the kids out a few days later. We had a chance to say our farewells, and Grandpa passed a few days later.All of us had our various memories of Grandpa. The one thing I loved about him was that even though he was in his 80's, his mind was still pretty sharp. One of the things he was know for was his inventions. On our last visit, he was trapping wild birds and finches and keeping them as pets. He created a lever that would trip once the bird went in the cage.
I also enjoyed how much he loved Sean. He went out of his way to do the little things for him. I am so thankful that Sean got to spend some time in Hawaii last summer with him. Thank you Grandpa for all the wonderful memories. Thank you especially for my beautiful wife. We will miss you greatly!
The kids and I spent about 24 hours there. This was a rushed trip and one of the things they wanted to do so bad was go to the beach. On our way to the airport, we pulled over and told the kids they had 10 minutes in the water. Needless to say, they made the most of it.
We'll be back in 2 weeks for the funeral and celebration. Upon that time we plan on slaughtering 7 of Grandpa's pigs for a big feast. Afterwards we'll probably stay another week, just to hang out at the beach. What better way to celebrate the life of a great man.
I could live on the beach and be happy!
Before you start this video, turn the music off at the bottom of the page. I love the sound of the ocean.

No comments: