
(Jessica, Jose, Jennifer, Joanna)
Paula Crespo (or as the kids called her, Abuella) lived a full life and left a big family who loved her behind. I was blown away by the amount of people that showed up for the wake, and that came the next day for the funeral procession.
One of the things I love the most of Paula was her cooking. Whenever we stopped by she aways had food for us. Even if I was full, I was never quite full enough for her cooking. The best times were when she made pastelles. My dad was a huge fan of them.
She was buried in All Saints Cemetery, which also happens to be where my Grandma and Uncle are buried. She is actually about a 30 second walk from my Grandma. So while we were their, we cleaned her grave too.
Afterwards it was just a lot of family time together. We hung out. Caught Harry Potter 6. Even cooked some marshmallows.

(Mom, David, Dad, Michelle, Michael)
Once again thank you for all your prayers. It has been real hard on the kids to lose two grandparents on the same, and fly all of the country to grieve.





No comments:
Post a Comment