Friday, July 18, 2008

In and Out....


So today I took the kids and went up to see my mom and grandma up in Idaho Falls. Idaho Falls has always been a place that I have always had great memories as a child. It was great to have the ability to just fly up and hang out with my mom and see my Grandma Stringham and still be home for dinner. I was especially excited to share Idaho with my kids and have them hear stories about when I was their age. The one thing that stood out with my visit with my grandma was the fact that she kept telling me that Mia reminded her of me when I was that age. That meant a lot to me because her memory is not quite what it use to be and I am so blessed that my kids could spend some time with her before she does not remember them. While there we heard a lot about how tall Sean had grown and I was glad that she remembered him from last time. I love my grandma and don't always make the effort to see her like I should and today was a great reminder of how precious time is and how I need to make an extra effort to see all my grandparents before it is too late. No matter what happens in the future it is the ability to make memories like this which makes me love my job even more then I do.
On a side note, today was the first time I was able to use my flight benefits and it was fun to fly up to Idaho Falls and spend a few hours with my mom and still be home to be with my husband who I had to travel without by the day's end.



Mia and sean had a great time at Grandma Stringham's house. It was fun watching them explore her home.


Mia and I on Grandma's Deck




Mom - Thanks for hanging out with my gang today. My kids loved being with their grandma and I loved just hanging out with you too. We will have to do this more often now that we are getting the hang of this flying thing a little better.
Ruthie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the pic of Connie and the kids. She looks happy that you all made it there and so does your Grandma. Ruthie, WOW, you look GREAT!!!!!!
love,
Mitch~