Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mia's Visit to the "Teeth Doctor"



So today was a hard morning...We finally were able to take Mia to the dentist and unfortunately she will have to have a lot of work done. Mia has seven cavities that need to be fixed and may need up to four teeth pulled due to her caps not working out. David and I are really bummed out that the last round of dentist visits did not fix her ongoing teeth problems. By pulling her teeth we eliminate the ongoing risk of further infections.
Mia is tentatively scheduled to go in June 20th. They will have to put her under again like last time since there is so much work to be done. Luckily she will not have to wait too long before her permanent teeth come in.

Please keep Mia in your prayers as this will be a scary and painful event for our little girl. We will update everyone as the date gets closer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is difficult task to be a parent. Even more so when your child is not well and things are not in your control. The faith that you and David have in God is strong and that is how you will manage. I will keep you all and of course my beautiful niece in my prayers.
love,
Mitch~

Anonymous said...

It's not fun to have a child go through that. Our 2 oldest have to go in for cavities and extractions soon too! I feel bad because I'm sure the dentist must think they don't brush their teeth etc...but we ALWAYS make sure they do. I think they just got mine and my dad's teeth unfortunately! We'll keep her in our prayers!