
So I work behind the Salt Lake International Airport next to the control tower. One of the benefits of working there is that we can watch airplanes land not even 100 yards away daily. I personally could spend all day looking at them land and take off.
Well today at work we had a special treat. I had the opportunity to see Air Force One land. All I can say is WOW!!! I was blown away with the magisty of the 747. Oh yeah, the thought that I was that close to the President of the United States was pretty cool, too. He may never knew I was there but it was cool to think that he could be looking out his window and possibly see me and my co-workers waving at him from the side of the runway. Oh, and no we were not part of the group in the picture we were on the otherside of the airplane.
7 comments:
That is so cool!! I forgot that he flew in today! What a great job you have!
Just imagine all the people that you will be seeing at your job. From the President of the US to a celebrity to an athlete. That really is exciting.
love,
Michelle~
A true warrior would have gotten past secret service and touched him.
You have failed grasshopper...
That had to be cool to see. And remember the fun of Buffalo is now only a flight or two away.
Yes Sensei I agree I should have used all my Military training to get to him...Oh and yes Buffalo is on our list of places to see.
THAT IS SO FRICKIN' COOl... It looks way cooler than I though I would. Look at that THING. It's HUGE. I Hey did you see ROCKY ANDERSON?? Booooo! Just think you almost met the president and you didn't have to pay $70,000.00 I'm going to go to Steph's website and download all her Twilight inspired songs and make a play list. Like how I called her Steph? Love YOU
I'm so glad to hear that you are loving your job. What a great time you have ahead of you. Not that everything will be rosy every day, but you will have such fine opportunities to see and do the unusual. Keep those 747's comin'!!!
Woo hoo! That would be cool! Good for you Ruthie! I'm jealous of your soon-to-come vacationing!!
Post a Comment