Monday, June 2, 2008

With Great Mustache comes Great Responsibility

So this preview to Family Guy was on all last week and every time I saw it, I bursted laughing. Each time, it got worst and worst. Now just thinking about it makes me laugh. This inside joke is that I sported a hefty mustache since I was in the 7th grade. My mustache grew and grew, and I never shaved it. Come on, what kind of Puerto Rican would I be without it. The best part was that not only didn't I shave it, but it was never trimmed. It was about 4 inches across, and covered my lips. The first time I started to shape it was in college. The first time I shaved it was after Sean was born.

My mustache was like Peter Griffin's. It gave me a sense of power. With the mustache Peter was able to dress cooler, be recruited by firefighters, he saved a man from a burning building, and the best part...was his ability to order a piece of salami in Italian. (Make sure you turn off the background music below before you start the clip)






Years ago I gave probably one of my best public presentations completely in Italian. Since then I have forgotten my Italian. Its probably because I shaved the mustache. Here is a perfect example of what I used to look like. Hey mom...I have hair!!!!!!!

Now I shave it all the time. I don't sport it without a full goater, and its always trimmed around the mouth. One exception...last Halloween (look in my May archive post under Cinco de Mayo).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!! I have a ton of pics of you and your macho mustache. Too funny! I remeber when you were learning Italian. I can't wait until Alex Donati sees this. He's going to crack up.
Love ya lil brother!!
Mitch~

Unknown said...

Hahahaha!!! That is so great! And probably the funniest family guy ever.

OMI said...

FREEAKIN' HILARIOUS!