This year is the first year we have had what I would call a "Real Garden". I say this because we have had gardens in the past but we have never had as much fruit from our labors as we have had this year.
Of the vegetables we have in our garden I have two that are my favorite. My cucumbers and my tomatoes. Sorry but I ate my cucumbers before I got a picture of them. Oh and a few of the tomatoes I picked today are missing as well...Oh well.
One of the reasons I am so excited is that our Tomatoes have done really well and they are finally starting to turn red. We have three types of tomatoes. Cherry, Roma and Beefy? Tomatoes growing out there.
Every time I take a look at them I am reminded of when I was pregnant with Sean and I had a serious craving for vegetables that summer... Being as I already love tomatoes those feelings were intensified. My father-in-law had the best garden that year because he had all kinds of tomatoes. Since I was living with my in laws at the time my little niece Joanna, who is all grown up now, would visit every Sunday. We would fight over the tomatoes when they would get ripe. I think back and laugh that I would argue with a two year old over who got the last tomato.
Well Joanna you need to come visit your Auntie Ruthie because I have more then enough to go around now.
At some point I will get a real picture of them for you and maybe I can actually get some out to you.... Love ya girl.
2 comments:
Great green thumb! Boy...You sure did crave tomatoes when you were pregnant with Sean. I remember it like it was yesterday that you and Joanna would fight over them. They were picked off the plants and barely ever made it in the house.
auntie ruthie!!!!!
well of course i'm jealous. and you gotta get mommy to take me up there so i can steal em all.
i miss you and love you! **joanna**
Post a Comment