Monday night Sean had football practice that started at 6pm. Around 6:45 we get a call from his coach. "Mr. Mullins, this is Sean's football coach. You might want to come to the field. Sean got his bell rung." We jumped in the car and headed over there. They were doing a hitting drill and Sean got tagged pretty hard. This is something Prentiss and I would call a "knocked-silly". Sean got right back up, but didn't know his name or where he was. Afterwords we took him to an Urgent Care facility where they looked him over and took x-rays. The verdict was that he got a mild concussion, and can't where helmet and pads for the next two weeks. Sean was sore and tired all day yesterday. He's going back to practice today, wearing only shorts & t-shirt.
So last night started off to be a great evening. We went out to eat at one of our favorite restaurants. Followed with some school shopping for the kids. The shopping included some school supplies for Mia. One item being a pair of scissors. When we got home Ruth went upstairs to shower. Then I took off to the water the garden and left the kids downstairs alone. When I got back, my cell phone was ringing. "Hey your little girl cut her hair".Being Hispanic I love long hair. I was not a big fan of Mia getting her haircut last year. So this was the last thing I wanted to hear. When I opened the door, there was hair and cut paper everywhere. The first thing I thought of was Mia has a mullet now.
6 comments:
K so I have to add a follow up to the hair thing. Mia was very proud of her haircut I have to say(you can tell just by the picture). She walked into my room and I did not know how to even respond at that point except to call her dad. Luckily she the way her hair is cut it is ok. You can't see the total damage in the picture though. My problem was that I was impressed at the job she did (not too shabby maybe she should be a hair stylist when she grows up) but I did not want her to think it was ok to cut her hair.
Oh well I am sure this is not the last time but hopefully it will be a while before she does something else to stress us out.
David-- If it were not for our children we would be bored.
Why is it that when children get a hold of a pair of scissors that immediatley go for the hair?
Huh, Jennifer--why is that?!?!?!
At least she doesn't have bangs that are a quarter inch long. Right Jennifer?!?!?!
I agree with Ruthie...not bad.
Sean is one tough cookie. I'm glad that he's feeling better.
Love,
Michelle~
You can tell the look on Mia's face that she is proud of her new do. Funny! I hope Sean recovers quickly!! Love you guys!!
Yeah, it doesn't look that bad!! Good work Mia! I mean...bad Mia...:)
Tell Sean that he has officially passed the rite of football.
When we played with the Wolves, I got my bell rung, played the entire game but didn't remember an ounce of it. And it was a decent game on my part.
LOL!
I bet Uncle Keli was telling him to grow a pair or something like that...LOL...
WHAT?? oh you and Haven are going to go to scissor prison...so nautghty! I bet you love those bangs Eh Dave??
Post a Comment