Friday, August 15, 2008

Mommy I have Vampire Teeth...

Wow that was tough. We'll actually Mia was the tough one.

Around Mia's 2nd birthday she had to get some major dental work done. She got two root canals and 4 veneers on her top front teeth. The hardest part was that she had to be put to sleep in order to do the procedure. Watching your daughter get a shot and pass out is probably one of the hardest things I've had to witness (I don't wish this on anyone). So when we heard at her last dental appointment that we'd have to do it again, my heart just fell apart.

Unfortunently Mia has her parents poor teeth and had to go back into the dentist again. She developed an abscess in her mouth where the root canals were, and was spreading to the other teeth. We also saw her permanent teeth via x-ray approaching the abscess. The solution was to pull the the two bad teeth, a third where the infection was approaching, and the 4th so that we wouldn't have to do this again in a year. Also while she is sedated, fix her other cavities.

We got to the dental office at 9am this morning to start the procedure. Rayce came along for moral support. They gave her the injection and she was out. This was the hardest part for me. An hour later the doctor informed us that he completed the 4 extractions along with 2 caps, 2 root canals, and 7 fillings. And the best part was that Mia was asleep and resting with no complications.

One of my fears was that Mia would freak out missing the front teeth. So far she is okay with it. She has called them her "vampire teeth." Now she excited to get a visit to the tooth fairy.

We would like to personally thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Your words of inspiration had truly helped us through this tough time.

3 comments:

OMI said...

mmmm..I wanted to cry when I actully saw that tooth!! It looks like it must have been attached to her brain. That is pretty cool lookin after the inital gasp and dropped jaw. I LOVE YOU MIS. We will see you tomorrow honey. AUNTY got you some Jello!

Unknown said...

Poor miss Mia! Tell her we love her and wish her well as quickly as possible!

Our Family said...

Is that the root?!?!?! Holy Cow!!! I hope after a week Miss Mia is doing better! Love you guys and glad it went well!