Last night our community celebrated it's 4th birthday with it's annual luau party. The community hired professional dancers to put on the show. The dancers gave the community a glimpse of the different cultures on the islands through dance and music.
This year's luau had one major difference from last year. The food! The community didn't cater and suggested that families bring picnic baskets. I was actually excited about the picnic. Luau food isn't good if its not cooked by Dad. So the Tohara clan banded together and prepared our own luau food...teriyaki beef, spam musubi, fruit salad and good old fashion fried chicken. We had a great picnic. Dad drove up and the Winn's even came by. We threw sleeping bags down on the grass, brought a cooler full of pop, and had food that was so ono.
I think the kids had the most fun. They danced to the beat of the drums and took lessons from the hula dancers. McKay was the funniest. He was getting his grove on. Josh commented that one of these days Kay's going to wake up and realize that he is not Polynesian and probably be devastated. "What mom...what do you mean I'm white?" We'll at least his still cute and likes to flirt with the ladies.
Aloha!
4 comments:
Omi...Mahalo for the pics!
Hahahahaha!! So true! You are all so good to him though I don't think he'll mind!
:) it was a fun family get together :)..
Kay will always be a Tohara...Don't feel bad I was pretty devistated when I found out I was not Hawaiian ether.
Ruthie
Post a Comment