Wrigley Field...Home of the Chicago Cubs. This is where I grew up. My house is a few blocks from here.
Cruising down Wacker Drive...kind of feel like I'm a Blues Brother.
So we went to Chicago! Pronounced Shi-cAA-go. It felt so good to be home. I took the kids, while Ruth stayed behind. I knew I was home when I walked down the catwalk to get out of the plane, then you get hit by the high humidity. You have to breath a little bit harder. Then all the noise. Wow, I forgot how loud the City was (or probably So. Jordan is just quiet).
Sears Tower...my home during my Harza years.
Aon Building (center)...Ruth's home during her Aon years. To the left you can see the new Trump Tower. To the immediate right the Blue Cross/Blue Shield building is growing again, and to the far right the John Hancock Building. The every changing Chicago Skyline.
Everything was beautiful. The skyline, the people, the restaurants. We crammed a lot of things into two days. First stop was Mickey-D's. Flying makes you hungry. I called Ruth while I was in the drive-thru, and she said "your in Chicago, and your eating at McDonalds's." Don't worry, we made up for it up later.
The newly remodeled Rock'n Roll McDonalds.
Now no one knew we we're coming. My mom found out while I was boarding the plane. So after seeing my mom's new place, I went to surprise my best friend. So I'm ringing the doorbell as he pulls up. The funny thing was that he didn't recognize me. He thought I was a salesman. Definitely freaked him out! After hanging out for a little bit, we went to my sister's house. I walked up to the back of the house and started banging on the windows, freaked them out too. I love surprising people.
Portillo's...Best Italian Beef Sandwiches..have to get it soaked!
So the next day, all the flights were booked. This was awesome! Now I had a chance to see a couple of sites and visit a few more people. I wish I had more time to hit more restaurants.

3 comments:
I missed all of you the minute you walked out the door. Next time Ruthie, if you don't come I may have to use your benefit to drag you here. I love you and let's not wait another 2 years.
Mitch~
So when is the Buffalo trip?
Its on the horizon.
Post a Comment