Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rock Band vs. Guitar Hero

So Sunday night Kel, Chris, Ruthie and myself stayed over at Omi's house late watching the kids, while Nick had the privilege to perform with the MoTab Choir at the Conference Center. Kel had an itch to play Rock Band. We've haven't played since New Years. Usually when we visit Omi's house, the adults are cooking and the kids are playing Halo. Now it was our turn.

Kel, Chris & myself played, and Ruth watch Indiana Jones with the kids. We had a blast. Kel played guitar, Chris on the mic, and me with the drums. Kel took a shot at singing and blew out his voice singing Sabotage by the Beastie Boys. That was hilarious.


The next day all I could think about was going back there and play. I'm such a junkie. During the day I did some research on Guitar Hero's new product... "Guitar Hero World Tour". They are coming out with a new set-up to compete against Rock Band. This system will have a guitar and mic, but the coolest part is their version of the drum set. The drum set is wireless and will include a high-hat and crash symbol. The drums are also touch sensitive. So it will react depending on how hard you hit it. A loud beat or soft beat. What's also interesting is that you can record your own music sets...sounds interesting.

Guitar Hero World Tour (GH4) is due to release October 27th. Sounds like it would make an awesome birthday present...hint...hint...hint!

3 comments:

Hali said...

I just bought Rockband for Toby on his birthday. (June 8th) and we LOVE it. I am sure we will be buying the new guitar hero. We have 3 and LOVE it. These drums look awesome.

Keli said...

I'm in!!!

I GOTS TO ROCK!!!!!!!!!

K-C Tohara said...

Woohoo!! Get the roadies signed up, let's get this party started!