Wow what can I say. I met my father-in-law 14 years ago. My first impression of him was of someone who would give you the shirt off of his back, and guess what...I was right. I am actually excited to write this post because it is going to be from my point of view. Dad Tohara has one of the BIGGEST hearts that I have ever seen in a person. He will go out of his way to make sure that his children are taken care of. What's interesting is that his love goes outside of his immediate family. This is apparent with Keli's friends. They all call him dad too.

I had a hard time finding some pictures of Dad. We'll at least pictures of him not in the kitchen. While I was looking at the pics, I also took notice of what he was cooking. So I am very hungry now while writing this. Dad is an amazing cook and mentor to anyone who wants to learn.
Stories, stories, stories! Dad has a story on probably everything. My favorite are his ghost stories. I've heard these stories many times, and I still get freaked out.

The King of Networking! As Sean saids, Grandpa knows EVERYONE!

I think the thing that I love most about him is he's love for my kids. After cooking a good meal, dad likes to lay on the couch and tell stories, and one by one his grandkids run to him, he squeezes them, (ANACONDA SQUEEZE) and they take off. I am so happy that we have been in Utah the last few years and that Sean and Mia have been able to build a relationship with him. Next week, Sean and him are going to explore Hawaii.

Dad...thank you for my beautiful wife, your family, Kel & Omi, all the food, and your love.

Wow, that family keeps getting bigger, and I'm not talking around the waist.
Happy Father's Day!!!
...Dave
3 comments:
Dang you Dave!
I am now massively home sick and actually close to tears.
Terry is the one person who has done so much for me as I grew up with Keli. I miss the great eating, the trips down to Ephraim, the great eating, the happy and positive chi that surrounds him, and the great eating.
I truly feel blessed to be a part of the extended Tohara family and what each and everyone of you means to me and my family.
So it would not truly be a greatful daughter if I did not take a minute to say thank you to my daddy...he will always be my daddy. For having my parents divorced, I have always been greatful to have a father that was there for me when I needed him. I never had to doubt his love for me ran beyond the stars. I love you this much daddy...
Even though I don't say verbally much I am proud that he is my dad and am greatful for all that he has taught me over the years and all the great stories, oh and yes the great food too.
~Love Ruthie
Guys I am sooo glad to see this blog and I am happy for you guys. You guys (w/ the Donati's) have been my dearest friends for 15 years...and I must say Dave you are starting to look old...I am sorry Ruth ;). This whole thing is bringing tears to my eyes now. Hey Sean you look like a man now. Do you share clothes with your dad?
Mia you don't really know me but you are a sweetheart. I hope that you all can make it for the wedding.
Prentiss
Post a Comment